Table of Contents
Short Humorous Stories in English
Short Humorous Stories in English: A humorous story is a type of narrative that is meant to make the audience laugh or at least smile. It is a form of entertainment that uses a variety of techniques, such as irony, satire, parody, puns, and wordplay, to create a comedic effect. Humorous stories can be found in many different forms, including jokes, short stories, novels, plays, and movies.
They often feature characters, situations, or events that are absurd, unexpected, or exaggerated, which can lead to a sense of surprise, amusement, or absurdity. Humorous stories can also be used to comment on social issues, cultural norms, or human behaviour in a light-hearted and entertaining way.
- A lady went to the doctor with a bee in her bonnet. The doctor asked her what the problem was, and she replied, “I can’t get this bee out of my bonnet!”
- A man walks into a library and says to the librarian, “I’ll have a coffee, please.” The librarian looks at him and says, “This is a library.” The man whispers, “I’d like a coffee, please.”
- A chicken walks into a bar and says, “I’ll have a beer.” The bartender looks at him and says, “Sorry, we don’t serve beer to chickens.” The chicken replies, “That’s okay, I’ll have a glass of water, then.”
- A man walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. The bartender says, “Sorry, we don’t allow pets in here.” The man says, “But it’s a talking parrot.” The bartender says, “Okay, but if it causes any trouble, you’re out.” The parrot says, “Don’t worry, he causes enough trouble for the both of us.”
- A man walks into a bar and asks the bartender for a drink. The bartender says, “Sorry, I can’t serve you. You’ve already had too much to drink.” The man replied, “But I haven’t even started yet!”
- A man walks into a bar with a steering wheel in one hand and a tailpipe in the other. The bartender looks at him and says, “What the hell is going on with you?” The man says, “I just got into a fight with my wife, she said I was driving her crazy.”
- A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, “Why the long face?”
- A man walks into a bar with a piece of asphalt under his arm. He says to the bartender, “I’ll have a drink, and one for the road.”
- A neutron walks into a bar and asks, “How much for a drink?” The bartender replies, “For you, no charge.”
- A pirate walks into a bar with a steering wheel in his pants. The bartender looks at him and says, “What’s with the steering wheel?” The pirate says, “Aye, it’s driving me nuts!”
We hope you have liked the article, “Short Humorous Stories in English.” You can share this post with your friends and relatives so they can also enjoy it and laugh.
Best 10 Short Story in English with Moral for Kids
Best Short Story on Friendship in English
Short Story in English with Moral for Class 1